In the case of the Pro variant, a 64MP quad-camera setup and a gaming-oriented MediaTek Helio G90T processor serve as the headlining features of this device. Over the years, Xiaomi has become the golden boy of the Indian smartphone market. From being just a starter entity in 2014 to becoming the leading smartphone OEM in the market for several quarters in a row in 2019, it’s certainly been a wild ride for Xiaomi. We here at XDA-Developers have witnessed the company grow from firmware the urban regions of China and move towards conquering markets in Southeast Asia and more recently, make headways into parts of Europe too. Xiaomi has also matured as a smartphone OEM — practices that were previously shoddy and questionable have matured and evolved into better practices as the company figured its way around.
The download file contains the USB driver, Flash Tool and the stock ROM file. Custom ROMs no doubt bring in a couple of extra goodies than what your device might not be shipped with. However, these custom ROMs are usually buggy and might have some stability issues as well. The stock firmware is built keeping your device in mind and hence is customized and optimized according to each device’s unique specs sheet. Therefore, it is capable of providing greater stability and a bug-free experience. Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the Refresh button to see the connected devices.
- So far, the company intends to launch a 70-inch Redmi 4K smart TV, a Redmibook 14 with a 10th-gen Intel Core i7 processor, the Redmi Note 8 and the Redmi Note 8 Pro, and possibly MIUI 11 as well.
- All the Custom ROMs on the list are selected after looking at their update frequency, stability, and performance.
- Xiaomi devices awesome in hardware quality/price ratio, but when it comes to software anyone should be able to customize his own device and get the best experience out of it.
- And for those that haven’t, there’s the unofficial version of LineageOS 16 is available.
- Xiaomi has started rolling out Android 11 builds for the Redmi Note 8, Mi Note 10, and Mi 10T Lite through the stable channel of MIUI 12.
If you are already rooted or have Custom OS, your bootloader is unlocked. But if you relocked your bootloader, you should unlock the bootloader.
Using these, you can build both a LineageOS installation zip and a LineageOS Recovery image and install them on your device. You can install the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Qualcomm USB Driver by downloading the zip file and installing the driver on the Computer. The installation process is quite similar to the standard Windows Application.